- The Norfolk rapidplay takes place on the 27th January.
EACU Team Championships 2019
- The EACU Team Championships takes place on Saturday 23rd February.
4 sections: Open, Team 600, Team 500 and Team 400.
Moreton Hall Community Centre, Symonds Road, Bury St. Edmunds IP32 7EE
Teams consist of 4 players from the EACU but not necessarily from the
same club. EACU players are those living in or from clubs located in
or affiliated to Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk
or Suffolk. Also eligible are people born in the county, 5 years
residence in the county at any time, or currently attending a school
college or university in the county.
The Team 600 is for teams with an aggregate grade of 600 or less in
the January list though for this calculation anyone with a grade under
100 will be taken as 100.
The Team 500 is a team with an aggregate grade of 500 or less though
for this calculation anyone with a grade under 75 will be taken as 75.
The Team 400 is for teams with an aggregate grade of 400 or less
though for this calculation anyone with a grade under 50 will be taken
There will be a cash prize for the team with most game points in each
category but the number and value of prizes will depend on the number
The event uses the county match format of 2 rounds starting at 10.00
and 2.30. If digital clocks are available for all boards of a match,
the standard time control will be 36 moves in 80 minutes, followed by
15 minutes to finish the game, with an increment of 15 seconds per move from move one.
The exact format of the competition will depend on the number of
entries. The entry fee is £20 per team payable on the day. The clubs
that won the top division of the six EACU county leagues
(Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and
Bury League) in the last season are entitled to enter a team of
entirely their club players at half price into the Open.
Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.
Enquiries and entries should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
01223 842197. Entries by 9th February if possible please though an early
indication that you might raise a team would also be much appreciated.
Later entries at the organiser's discretion.
The EACU Closed Championships 2019
- The EACU Closed Championships take place on the 23rd and 24th March at Whittlesford Memorial Hall.
The 1st Norfolk Blitz Tournament 2019
- The 1st Norfolk Blitz Tournament takes place on Sunday the 19th May at The Gas Social Club, Roundtree Way, Norwich.
The Annual Dons June Swiss 2019
- The Dons June Swiss takes place on Monday the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th June at The Gas Social Club, Roundtree Way, Norwich.
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday 29th May.
The EACU Fide Chess Congress 2019
- The EACU Fide Chess Congress takes place on Friday 31st May and the 1st and 2nd June at King Edward VII Memorial Hall, High Street, Newmarket.
The Norfolk And Norwich Rapidplay 2019
- The Norfolk And Norwich Rapidplay takes place on Saturday the 15th June at The City Of Norwich School, Eaton Rd, Norwich.
- Entries received after Thursday 13th June may not be accepted.
The Cambridgeshire Rapidplay 2019
- The Cambridgeshire Rapidplay takes place on Sunday the 29th September at Whittlesford Memorial Hall, Mill Lane, Whittlesford.
The Norfolk County Chess Championships 2019
- The Norfolk County Chess Championships take place on Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th October at The Tithe Barn, Horstead.
The 37th Bury St Edmunds Congress 2019
- The Bury St Edmunds Congress takes place on Saturday the 26th and Sunday the 27th October at The Apex, Charter Square, Bury St Edmunds.
The Lowestoft Rapidplay 2019
- The Lowestoft Rapidplay take place on Sunday the 24th November at The Parkhill Hotel, Oulton.
The Norfolk Rapidplay 2020
- The Norfolk Rapidplay takes place on Sunday the 26th January at the Gas Social Club, Roundtree Way, Norwich.